Thursday, January 3, 2013

South Dakota inspired contemporary art


Presidential Prism, copyright 2013, Betty Butler & Julie Wishmeyer, 14" x 20"

I have not yet traveled to see Mount Rushmore, but I have learned about it and other landmarks through my collaboration with South Dakota artist friend Julie Wishmeyer. Julie is a prolific collage/assemblage artist, who after moving to the Black Hills from Chicago states, "I discovered I really needed to be in the hills, on a daily contemplative drive. The curves and landscape inspire the photography."
 
We decided to produce a series combining a mutual love of nature, beauty and collage. Here are some of the resulting digital collages of Julie’s photographs and my painting.  

 Swept Bad Lands, copyright 2013, Betty Butler & Julie Wishmeyer, 8.5" x 18"

 
South  Dakota art
Double Bad Lands, copyright 2013, Betty Butler & Julie Wishmeyer, 8.5" x 36"



No comments:

Post a Comment